Let’s talk about the difference between SK9822A and apa102 /HD107s/HD108 led.
all of them have Data and Clock signal input and output ,which make their signal more stable ,
and as we know there are extra capacitor on the PCB in some led strip ,
as they need capacitor make the signal stable .
and SK9822A and APA102/apa102C and HD107s and HD108 don’t need it.
APA102 LED in the market is best seller before 2016,
but Taiwan led company changed the Packaging process and no good as before ,and out of stock always ,
so many mainland LED lamp factory bought the apa102 IC chipset from taiwan ,and they package the apa102 led lamp by youself in china ,
we named the apa102C led ,same work as original apa102 led ,
but there are many fake APA102 LED , Which PWM rate is not so fast as APA102 ,
The real APA102 PWM refresh rate: 20kHz.transmission rate 20MHZ.
Now New version HD107s and HD108 led come out ,
they are faster than real APA102.
What is the difference between HD108;HD107s ,apa107,apa102/apa102C and SK9822A led strips?
APA102/apa102C : PWM refresh Rate 20 kHz PWM; transmission rate 20MHZ; 8bits
HD107s: PWM refresh Rate 27 kHz PWM; transmission rate 30MHZ; 8bits
HD108: PWM refresh Rate 27 kHz PWM; transmission rate 30MHZ; 16bits ( HD108 is updated version of HD107s ,but with 16bits 65536 greay scales)
SK9822A: PWM refresh Rate 4.7 kHz PWM; transmission rate 30MHZ; 8bits
(sk9822A IC chipset from https://www.opscoled.com/)
HD107s 5050 Pixel led is a update of apa102/apa107, it is same protocel as apa102 ,same pcb,same controller ,
but the performance is much better, PWM refresh rate: 27KHZ, Oscillator frequency:30M HZ.
by the way
sk9822A 5050 RGB Pixel led is good replacment of HD107s led if you need to save cost ,
Download the detailed technical specification for sk9822A pixel led here please
Download the detailed specifcation for HD108 pixel led here please
Advantages about HD107s Pixel led
- PWM refresh rate: 27kHz,(apa102 with PWM frequency20KHZ,apa107with9KHz,sk9822 with 4.7kHZ,)
- HD107s with Date Rate 30MHZ（apa102 has 20M HZ only）
- HD107s LED with less voltage drop VS apa102 LLED,although it is Dc5V input ,but it almost same voltage drop with1 2V pixel led ,
- one roll(5meters)can be powered with one power input without color difference,
- The HD107s LED with higher energy saving than apa102 sk6812,
- The HD107s led lights up looks like linear lighting ，large lighting beam
- Pure copper bracket and 99.99% Gold wire for Pixel LED chip
- CMOS process, low voltage, low consumption
- Synchronization of two-way
- Choose positive output or negative RGB three-color LED output
- Build-20ma constant current output
- With self-detection signal build in support for continuous oscillation PWMoutput, can be maintained static screen
Thanks for attention
Test and comments about HD107s 5050 RGB led